Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Happy Birthday Twinnie!

Iv'e made this card for my friend Gerry whose Birthday it is today. We used to work together
and coincidentally found that were we both born on the same day so affectionately  call ourselves "The Twinnies" Not only that but our respective hubbies have the same christian name !!!   (Another silly billions to 1 chance.)
This digi stamp from A Day for Daisies called Bewildered 'C' looks just like her. Gerry's hair always preceedes her into any room she enters so when it was released back in April I  just had to buy it in readiness for today. I have coloured the digi using my watercolour pencils and cut round the image and adhered to a doily. The backing paper is  a free scrapbook paper called Fashion Lady Collage which I found on this great site Free Vintage Digital Stamps.
Did I mention that Gerry is a bit of a Fashion Diva!!
The flowers are made using die cuts that the lovely  Nicola of Sunshine Reflections sent  to me when I mentioned to her that I couldn't get my hands on the new T.H. die because it was sold out. I have kept the flowers fairly flat as the card  needed to put in the post. Centres are tiny pink beads from my stash as was the pre printed sentiment and cream 300gsm cardstock.



14 comments:

Annie said...

Gorgeous card. Happy birthday to you too :-)
Hugs,
A x

Catherine said...

Your card is so beautiful ! Love the image and the colouring is great ! Happy birthday to you too Mrs A ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

Faye said...

This is sooooooooooooooo cool Mummy. Happy Birthday. Mwah, mwah. xxx

Bernie said...

What a lovely card. Love the fab flowers and beauitfully colored image.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MRS. A
Hugs

Ali said...

Love the image xxx Happy Birthday to yoooooo hope you have had a lovely day ((hugs))!! xx

Donna said...

Happy Birthdday Mrs A, hope you have a fab day! Your card is beautiful :) Donna ♥ x

Hettie said...

Very pretty card you have made and Happy Birthday to you xx
Thanks for your comments re my cards, I seem to be into my flowers lately. If you go back a few posts you will see my Bees in My Garden piece which Di left out of the roll call last week. There are lots of 3d flowers on that piece!
Hugs
xx

Createology said...

Happy Birthday Mrs. A. Your card is funfabulous. Celebrate and enjoy all year long...

Sherry said...

I love that card - bet your twinnie does too! You're a fashion diva too I believe so something else you both have in common!

Hope you had a lovely birthday yesterday and that my card reached you in time!

xxxx

prsd4tim2 said...

Happy Birthday (belated it seems). All the best for the coming year. Your card is lovely.

Linby said...

Happy belated birthday wishes. Love this card.
Fleximarkers are made by same company as promarkers, but nibs are flexible a bit like a solid brush so they blend much easier when you use them.
Linbyx

CuddlyBunny said...

Beautiful card! It's soft and wonderful and perfect for a fashionista!

Also: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Heidi said...

this is so lovely, the doily is really pretty. and a belated happy birthday to you. hope you had lots of fun. hugs heidi

Gerry Flower said...

My name is Gerry Flower and I love my Twin to bits! This is the most beautiful card (the photo doesn't do it justice) I have ever received and I will always treasure it. Thank you my Twin.