Friday, May 11, 2012

It's a Man's World.

Thankyou to everyone who left kind  messages on my post below.  They were all very  much appreciated.
I made a card for The Doc's Birthday. Not this one but very similar . I enjoyed making it so much that I made two and this  is the second one. I found a fantastic freebie site for images and downloaded the car pictures from here.
I wanted to make a card with a vintage car theme and this was just what I wanted. I used my XCut Nesting die "Square Parenthesis" to cut a window to look like a picture frame and  rubbed Inka Gold onto it  to  resemble an old gilt frame.

 The sentiment was from my "Say it with Flowers" CD by SharonDuncan / Joanna Sheen. Papers , card, ribbon and buttons were all from my  stash.

Entering into the following Challenges:
Great Impressions: Anything Goes.
Come & Get It challenges: Lets hear it for the Boys.
Crafty Creations: Frame It.
Divas By Design: One for the Boys.
Twisted Tuesdays: Birthday creations + ribbon.
Crafty Catz: Happy Birthday.
Totally Papercraft: No Pesky Girls Allowed.

14 comments:

Doreen said...

This is such a gorgeous card,love the image.xxx

carol said...

lovely card, thanks for joining in with CRAFTY CATZ this week, x carol

Judy McKay said...

Very nice card. Great design.
Thank you for playing Come and Get it Challenges this week.

Jan said...

Thanks for popping over and leaving a lovely comment, it's nice to know that the cushion was a success. Ooops for the dropped rings, at least they didn't fall down the grating!!
It's funny you mentioned Sunbonnet Sue, I seen a cushion at the fete with a S.Sue design that reminded me of a sketch I done years ago with a 'grown up' Sue with a parasol and a bustle. S.Sue is such a cute design, be sure to show and tell when it's done.

Jan x

Jenny said...

Neat idea for the frame! Great card! Thanks for playing with us at Great Impressions Stamps!

Melina said...

Gorgeous! Love that image. Thank you for playing at Twisted Tuesdays :)

Sunshine Girl said...

Its lovely.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, fab colours & layout!

Thank you for sharing with us at Divas this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

lindyloo said...

Thank you for joining us at crafty catz this week with your beautiful card
linda x

Patty Gorka said...

Super card, I love that image and your ribbon treatment is wonderful! Thanks for playing along this week at Twisted Tuesday Challenges!

Linda Wescott said...

Thanks for popping by my blog today. I love this mans card, perfect. I also love the boxes you've made a few posts back, great idea for send swaps...and extra gift too. Hugs lin

Unknown said...

Beautiful work, thank you for sharing with us at Divas By Design this week. Big hugs Jo xxx

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Your card is so pretty!

Thank you for participating in this week's Twisted Tuesday Challenge!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Fab card - the guilt frame design is perfect for your vintage car image.
Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Caroline xxx